Monday, November 2, 2009

Three generations of artists


age 29, in a letter to his mother, July 26, 1911...
Treasure Island is completed! The entire set of seventeen canvases without one break in my enthusiasm and spirit. Better in every quality than anything I ever did. (N. C. Wyeth)



I surrendered to a world of my imagination, re-enacting all those wonderful tales my father would read aloud to me. I became a very active reader, especially history and Shakespeare. (Andrew Wyeth)


My interest in painting is recording things. I think of myself as almost a documentary filmmaker... I've gotten into some curious situations... (Jamie Wyeth)

No comments:

Thanks for finding your way to this site. I hope you enjoyed the topics and images. Please feel free to comment on past entries or offer suggestions on topics suitable for future Art Musings.
Free Blog Hit Counter