Thursday, September 2, 2010

Art to the people

The house has exploded with paper cut outs. And I have been thinking about art in relation to the artist and the viewer. This equation is essential to complete the artist process, beyond creation. In regards to this I recognize that in this day and age we are becoming more and more connected to one another via on-line networks, emails, cell phone, photo sharing sites etc. Here the viewer has an opportunity to witness art electronically ---which has a place--- but it cannot compare to seeing art first hand. With that in mind, I have decided after Sept 8th (the end of my 100 day project) to take my 100 plus cutouts and distribute them to the first 100 people who send me a self addressed stamped envelope.
To receive one of my paper cuts outs,
send a self addressed stamped envelope to:
Benda
100 Day project
9426 Freda Rd
Atlantic Mine MI 49905
Bonus:
There is the added sensation of receiving something tangible in the mail, an experience which is becoming rarer as we become more addicted to social networking.

No comments:

Thanks for finding your way to this site. I hope you enjoyed the topics and images. Please feel free to comment on past entries or offer suggestions on topics suitable for future Art Musings.
Free Blog Hit Counter