Sunday, December 12, 2010

Stretching for creativity

It is a warm up really. The 100 day project. It what you do daily to keep in shape, to stay fresh, loose and alert. I had to remind myself of that as I have been struggling with a boring "workout". I needed to change it up a bit and really think about my long term vision. The 100 day project is about creative excavation, creating exploration and creative exercising. It is that simple. So when I found myself struggling with the tight feeling of my weekly restrictions I knew it was time to try something new. So I stuck with the medium that I was on the previous week (pastels) to really  help me loosen up and I explored new shapes and revisited old ones. Some wonderful things happened. I am currently staying in the pastel phase of the 100 day project. I am still exploring the acorn and  some new things have been happening there. Also, I have been inspired to do more birds which I haven’t done in two years. I am feeling a bit limber again!


No comments:

Thanks for finding your way to this site. I hope you enjoyed the topics and images. Please feel free to comment on past entries or offer suggestions on topics suitable for future Art Musings.
Free Blog Hit Counter