Tuesday, January 18, 2011

materials and tools and anxiety

I couldn't find any good quotes on materials.  So I came up with . "Use what you have, and draw what you see." Keep it simple.  A good book on drawing is the Zen of Drawing By Frederic Franc.




for those of you who need this
Anxiety is a warning sign from the unconscious mind to focus on what you want. (Tad James)


How Heavy is a glass of Water? - 8 oz to 20 oz? It really doesn't matter, it depends on how long you hold it. If I hold it for a minute, no problem. If I hold it for an hour, I will have an ache in my right arm. If I hold it for a day, you will have to call me an ambulance. In each case it is the same weight, but the longer I hold it the heavier it becomes. That's the way it is with stress. Life is short, enjoy it. (Pamila Ross)


The important thing is this: to be able, at any moment, to sacrifice what we are for what we could become. (Maharishi Mahesh Yogi)

No comments:

Thanks for finding your way to this site. I hope you enjoyed the topics and images. Please feel free to comment on past entries or offer suggestions on topics suitable for future Art Musings.
Free Blog Hit Counter