Tuesday, May 31, 2011

difficulty, discovery, and destiny

To fly we have to have resistance. (Maya Lin)

In 1981, at age 21 and while still an undergraduate, Lin won a public design competition for the Vietnam Veterans Memorial, beating out 1,441 other competition submissions.[8] The black cut-stone masonry wall, with the names of 58,261 fallen soldiers carved into its face,[9] was completed in late October 1982 and dedicated on November 13, 1982.[10] The wall is granite and V-shaped, with one side pointing to the Lincoln Memorial and the other to the Washington Monument.[9]






You will learn to enjoy the process... and to surrender your need to control the result. You will discover the joy of practising your creativity. The process, not the product, will become your focus. (Julia Cameron)



All day I think about it, then at night I say it. Where did I come from, and what am I supposed to be doing? I have no idea. My soul is from elsewhere, I'm sure of that, and I intend to end up there. (Rumi)

No comments:

Thanks for finding your way to this site. I hope you enjoyed the topics and images. Please feel free to comment on past entries or offer suggestions on topics suitable for future Art Musings.
Free Blog Hit Counter