Friday, July 9, 2010

Color: The job I want

I have been thinking about this color naming business for a few days now. I want to know who names paint colors. It is one person or a team of people that sit around and come up with names. Do they flash a color on a screen and yell out names and the one that wins gets an M&M, or do they write all these names on papers and randomly choose? Could that be why "Around the block" is a medium blue and not a green? Are these color namers experts? Do they have credentials? Are they aware that there could be communication problems? So when I twitter you with: I painted my office a lovely shade of "Grand Loyalty", what color comes to mind? This has the potential to unfold into a time management issue, it gets cumbersome, and awkward. It can put a strain on everyone. That being said. I still love the idea that a color is more than a shade it can be a whole identity.
Here is a list of my top ten favorite color names: (can you guess what colors they are)
1. Poetic Justice
2 .Theatre Dress
3. Gaia's Tears
4. Grand Loyalty
5. Cedro
6. Around the block
7 .Moxie
8. Urban Dusk
9. Egyptian Oasis
10. Cerise

No comments:

Thanks for finding your way to this site. I hope you enjoyed the topics and images. Please feel free to comment on past entries or offer suggestions on topics suitable for future Art Musings.
Free Blog Hit Counter