Thursday, July 15, 2010

Discipline and Habit

Is there a difference between discipline and habit? I usually think of discipline as something I have to do, that I consciously decide to do but that that I resist. And habit as something I do without much thought, like a bad habit. Good habits may start out as disciplines and morph into habits; some good disciplines never make it to good habits and are still struggles.


Over time, as the daily routines become second nature, discipline morphs into habit. (Twyla Tharp)

Old habits die hard. (proverb)

Discipline in art is a fundamental struggle to understand oneself, as much as to understand what one is drawing. (Henry Moore)




)

No comments:

Thanks for finding your way to this site. I hope you enjoyed the topics and images. Please feel free to comment on past entries or offer suggestions on topics suitable for future Art Musings.
Free Blog Hit Counter